It’s the end of December, and we all know what that means. I hope you had a Merry Christmas or at least just some good quality time with people you love
Not only have we had a hell of a busy month, but it’s time to look back at the year and see what we accomplished.
Writing Goals (order subject to change due to PlotBunny Migration (PBM))
- Finish drafting AI 3 (20-25k) Not done
Edit AI 1 in fullDone! But it sucked Send AI 1 to Agent of AwesomeDidn’t realize it sucked until after I sent it Outline Fod Plot Fod Draft FodPeople don’t understand how much I love this book Beta SW, PD, TH, BB and anything else my CPs have for me Finish GG Plot/OutlineThis is now known as L but was accomplished Draft GG
- Outline Ana – Nope because this idea is shelved in favour of far better ones
- Plot Ana
- Draft Ana (or another WIP depending on PBM) – only drafted 30k of an experiment
Edit Fod in full(or another WIP depending on PBM) Send drafted WIP to Agent of AwesomeFod sent to my NEW agent of awesome Get my Personal Blog organized and relaunched techncially– but I still don’t like it
- Attend 2 Writing Conferences – only managed one and we won’t go there
Work out a routine with Kami– yeah… kind of
- Work out a schedule for Kami, Work, Writing (yes, I work from home) – yeah not so much
Keep up with my friends– I think so? Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle (food and exercise wise)– started out well, fell off the bandwagon, but am back Ready the House for SaleSold in 4 days Move if the House Sellsmoved inside of a month
- Stick to our budget – yeah… roll on 2014
Read more books– about how to get baby to sleep…
Internet Related Goals
Launch the new and improved #Writemotivation initiative– actually doing this in 2014. Launched OWM
- Organize and maintain my Google Reader – HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- Be more consistent about following Blogs – yyeeeeaaaah I WILL master this
Keep up with #Writemotivation– For the most part I think I did Keep up with my internet friends and Writer community– got mucb better in the latter part of the year
- Create my FB Author Page – no need yet
Maintain a blog schedule– I sort of did? But will be more structured in 2014
So I think I actually did pretty well. Wanted to draft 3.5 books, managed 2.5 – about 170k new words. That’s not too horrible.
- Drafted 2.5 books
- Edited 3 books (about to finish the first pass draft of L)
- Launched OurWriteMind with Leigh and Becca
- Lost and Agent
- Found an Agent
- Had awesome plotbunnies emerge
- Met more fantastic people in the online writing community
- Still hate my blog design
Overall – I think 2013 was a success. Still having a bit of a messy time with the little, but it’ll even out soon enough.
Hope everyone else had a great 2013. What are your goals for 2014 – I know I’m thinking hard on mine. I’ll have a post up around the new year with my lofty goals once again!
Make sure to check out the new WriteMotivation Site!!!