August was a lie. I fully believe that we skipped August and rolled right into September. Anyone who tells you otherwise is probably in on the disappearing August conspiracy 😉
Everyone’s name should link to their website, and their twitter handle to their twitter handle. This month, we have 14 participants! It’s great to have everyone on board. Some of our regulars needed to take a hiatus, but will be back soon. Get ready to cheer each other on! And remember Dino loves you all!
This was the initial sign up page if you’d like to nab the badge! Please remember to give credit for the image. If you did forget to sign up – please do so by 11:59pm CST today (September 1st) and I’ll add you to the list.
If there are any suggestions anyone has for making #writemotivation work better for them/us/writing, just let me know and I’ll try to incorporate them. I really have to thank everyone who helps cheer each other on month after month. Putting my goals out there to hold myself accountable is invaluable – I hope this works for other people too.
Please note: even if you aren’t signed up for #writemotivation on the list, feel free to take part in the hashtag and cheer and be cheered. Beware of flaming zombie dinosaur NINJA cookies He might flail, but his accuracy will surprise you!
For a refresher –
- Make a list of realistic goals for the month – and achieve them.
- Make a Blog Post every week (preferably Monday, but if you don’t post on Mondays just add it to the next day you would normally post ). This is to help us keep tabs on our own progress, and for others to cheer us on if it’s a difficult week. Please link to the post in the #writemotivation hashtag
- Visit your #writemotivation team mates blogs, and participate in the #writemotivation hashtag to cheer people on
|Name||September 2013 Goals|
|K.T. Hanna||@KTHanna||1) Initial Outline DEV2
2) Draft or Outline FIS or Other
3) Complete OWM piece
4) Cheer on #PitchMadness
5) Read a book
6) Cheer on #Writemotivation peeps
7) Keep up with Social Media & Blogging
|Cheyenne Campbell||@chylu||1. Finish WIP revisions.
2. Send to CPs.
3. Get back to routine!
4. Query WF x5.
|Rebecca Enzor||@RebeccaEnzor||1. Finish Faye and Tarrin.
2. Research Speak the Ocean.
3. Get everything ready for the PonyFest13 announcement on September 15th!
4. Figure out which scenes to re-write from Daphne’s POV in Apollo.
5. Send at least two queries a week for Nameless.
6. Swim laps at least twice a week.
|Amy Ravenel||@AmyRav||1) Plot out MWM
2) Write query for WS
3) Send out first round of queries
4) Write first chapter of MWM
|CJ Jessop||@jessopCJ||1. Write every day. This is especially important for me this month, as I’ve let it lapse too long, with all the stuff I’ve been doing last month. Even if it’s only a page, I’m going to write every day.
2. Depending on how many agents I’ve heard back from, keep on with the queries on Web.
3. Keep up with the Writemotivation stuff and commenting on blogs.
4. Blog at least once a week (other than Writemotivation).
|Candace Gauger||@OkAuthor||Keeping it simple for a while until I can better balance with the job.
1) Keep writing in Black Friday 2 (anything so long as it moves the story)
2) Do revisions on SoNL
3) Keep walking.
|M. Andrew Patterson||@M_A_Patterson||1) Do the homework assigned to me by my Mentor Agent regarding HJ.
2) Revise HJ based on Homework
3) Take what I learned and apply it to my current WIP if I have time
4) Blog once a week
5) Cheer on my twitter and #writemotivation friends
|Brenna||@brennabraaten||1. Write one blog post a week. Probably will be the #writemotivation check-in.
2. Edit two chapters a week. I would like to say three, but I don’t think that’s doable.
3. Comment on others’ blogs at least three times a week.
|Jamie Dement (LadyJai)||@I_am_LadyJai||1) Be Positive, Try to find the positive in every situation, no matter how small. This has got to be ALWAYS!!
2) Cheer others on with #writemotivation cookie flinging and positive thoughts! Another ALWAYS!
3) Continue writing SOMETHING, EVERYDAY! Even if I can’t work on my novel, I’ll try my hand at short stories. Whatever it is, it has to be writing! DEFINITELY ALWAYS!
4) Read another book.
5) Continue submitting my short stories, “O.N.” and “S.S.” Let’s see how many I can get before someone accepts me. 🙂
|Patricia Lynne||@plynne_author||1)Write Friday Quick Fic every week.
2)Write my Story Dam posts and don’t mess up scheduling the post.
3)I’ll keep my reading goals realistic and stick with two books again.
4)Cheer my fellow #writemotivation peeps more. I got around to blogs, but slacked on Twitter.
5)Edit. Hopefully, I’ll have Out of Secrets notes back from Lor or MB. If not, edit Path of Angels.
|Heather G||@hrebel||1.) Revise/rewrite ten pages a week on IMMUNITY
2.) Read at least one traditionally published book in my genre a week
3.) Blog weekly
4.) Outline (gasp!) another brain child this month–even if it’s general and sketchy
|Leigh Caroline||@Leigh_Caroline||1. The usual. Walk, read, crits.
3. Be more social online.
4. Start figuring out tentative nano plans, including if I’m invoking Zotoku to whittle down the WIPs.
|Heather Larson||@heatherlarson||My goals are to be realistic so that they are achievable. Here goes:
1. Finish creating my final outline(s) for my YA novel — that means character outlines, location outlines, and the overall outline. This also means I must force myself to imagine it out completely and commit to what I create. And. Be. Done. With. It.
|Valerie Lawson||@litbeing||1. Participate, post, push, and praise much better this month, especially where #writemotivation is concerned.
2. Revise, revise, revise!
3. Read, read, read.
4. Keep on freaking exercising.
If you have any questions just let me know in the comments below and I’ll do my best to get them answered.
Also – if you haven’t yet joined our G+ group. Dooo eeeet.
Otherwise! Have a fantastic September. This month is going to be fantastic! Remember to pop on over and say hi to your fellow goal pursuers on their blogs!
Let’s kick September’s butt 😀