Well I finally got a few spare minutes to get this up! Itâ€™s here â€“ May 1st â€“ Another #writemotivation goal check month for 2013. I’m contemplating doing them monthly starting in July. Thoughts?Â
Iâ€™m pretty sure Iâ€™ve managed to transfer all the information correctlyâ€“ everyoneâ€™s name should link to their website, and their twitter handle to their twitter handle. This month, we have 14 participants! It’s great to have everyone on board again. Get ready to cheer each other on!Â
This was theÂ initial sign up page if youâ€™d like to nab the badge!Â Please remember to give credit for the image. Also â€“ no more sign ups for this month.
If there are any suggestions anyone has for making #writemotivation work better for them/us/writing, just let me know and I’ll try to incorporate them. I love putting my goals out there and holding myself accountable to myself 😀
Please note: even if you arenâ€™t signed up for #writemotivation on the list, feel free to take part in the hashtag and cheer and be cheered. Beware of flaming zombie dinosaur cheerleader flying cookiesÂ Â Did I get that right?
For a refresher –
- Make a list of realistic goals for the month â€“ and achieve them.
- Make a Blog Post every week (preferably Monday, but if you donâ€™t post on Mondays just add it to the next day you would normally postÂ Â ). This is to help us keep tabs on our own progress, and for others to cheer us on if itâ€™s a difficult week. Please link to the post in the #writemotivation hashtag
- Visit your #writemotivation team mates blogs, and participate in the #writemotivation hashtag to cheer people on
|Name||May 2013 Goals|
|K.T. Hanna||@KTHanna||1. Finish AI transcription
2. Send AI to betas
3. Visit #writemotivation blogs
4. Maintain activity in social media
5. Read a book
6. Complete MayÂ OurWriteMindÂ prompt
6. Love mah baby girl
|M. Andrew Patterson||@DyadicEchoes||1) Submit HJ to at least 10 agents
2) Attend RT2013
3) Do more world building and write a couple chapters on new shiny MS
4) Blog at least once a week.
5) Cheer on my #writemotivation buds!
|Cheyenne Campbell||@chylu||1. Second draft of WIP complete.
2. Finish final revisions on SOMEBODY…
|Rebekah Loper||@RebekahLoper||1. Set Catalyst aside and NOT TOUCH IT. (With two exceptions – a final read-through the weekend of OWFI, and if I *gasp* get any requests.)
2. Aside from hopefully at least one pitch appointment at OWFI, query 5 agents with Catalyst.
3. Draft 2-3 short stories (including flash fiction).
4. Outline 1-2 new novels and start character charts
5. Get 5 reviews pre-written for the blog.
|Mia K Rose||@miakrose||1) Finish first draft of Masters assignment and submit.
2) Start work on a new WIP.
|Candace Gauger||@OKAuthor||1) Get a job or at the very least attend five interviews for a job.
2) Edit/revise five chapters of Society of Night and Lies.
3) Write two chapters of Black Friday 2.
4) Exercise twice a week.
|Rebecca Enzor||@RebeccaEnzor||1. Finish editing Apollo.
2. Finish critiques for Ryan and Lindsay.
3. Begin critique for Tyffani.
|Leigh Caroline||@Leigh_Caroline||1. The standard ones- Walking, Reading, and Keeping up crits.
2. Keep editing on SW.
4. Get my mornings back! (I keep having other stuff to do in the morning, and I don’t get my writing/editing time in. I need to corral that.)
|Valerie Lawson||@litbeing||1. Complete latest draft of Museum Crashers (MG mystery) and prepare for submission.
2. Research more literary agents for submission of Institutionalized (YA contemporary) and send out to five of them.
3. Make some progress on first draft of Pretty Vacant (YA contemporary). Develop main character fully and decide which way story arc will go.
4. Exercise 3 times each week.
|Bonnie Rae||@BRLouwerens||1. Line by line edit third Nether Book.
2. Get third Nether Book sent off to editor.
3. Write another 20k on NA sci/fi
4. Blog at least twice a week.
5. Comment on more blogs.
|Jamie Dement (LadyJai)||@I_am_LadyJai||1) Be Positive, Try to find the positive in every situation, no matter how small. This may be easy, or it may be the hardest thing to ever do.
2) Cheer others on with #writemotivation cookie flinging and positive thoughts!
3) attempt to FINISH THAT WIP!
4) find something to blog about ;P
5) attempt to read another book
|Michelle||@MichellePierce||1) Critique the stories I’ve been sent and get them back to their authors by deadlines.
2) Read at least 4 books.
3) Write at least two posts for a NEW blog project.
4) Start outlining 2008 NaNo Project, code name: SK.
5) Cheer on everyone else!
|Amy R.||@AmyRav||1) Start working on the third draft of WHITE SPIRIT.
2) Write or edit every day I don’t have to work.
3) Have the first third done.
|Patricia||@Patricialynne07Â||1) Edit Path of Angels & Out of Secrets
2) Find betas for the above
3) Participate in LGBT Read-A-Thon (May 3-6).
4) Write more 100 word flash.
If you have any questions just let me know in the comments below and I’ll do my best to get them answered.
Otherwise! Have a fantastic May. It’s so great to be back in the swing of things.
Let’s all kick goal butt! 😀