It’s here – July 1st – another #writemotivation goal check month (I’m still not quite sure how it’s July already, but apparently it is!)
I’m pretty sure I’ve managed to do it right – everyone’s name should link to their website, and their twitter handle to their twitter handle. This month, we have 28 participants! Which was surprising considering it’s summer and most people go into hiding 😉
This was the initial sign up page if you’d like to nab the badge! Please remember to give credit for the image. Also – no more sign ups for this month. We’ll have another in September. Sign up post will be in mid-August
Please note: even if you aren’t signed up for #writemotivation on the list, feel free to take part in the hashtag and cheer and be cheered. Beware of flaming zombie dinosaur cheerleaders… I think that’s our latest addition
For a refresher –
- Make a list of realistic goals for the month – and achieve them.
- Make a Blog Post every week (preferably Monday, but if you don’t post on Mondays just add it to the next day you would normally post ). This is to help us keep tabs on our own progress, and for others to cheer us on if it’s a difficult week. Please link to the post in the #writemotivation hashtag
- Visit your #writemotivation team mates blogs, and participate in the #writemotivation hashtag to cheer people on
Collect them all!
In the next week or two I will have some #writemotivation cookie buttons worked up 😀 Collect one every month to have a full set – like pokemon, only cookies 😉
|Name||Twitter Handle||Goals for July 2012|
|K.T. Hanna||@KTHanna||1. Make Progress on TDP 2 second draft
2. Crit CP work if available (H)
3. Outline/Plot F
4. Begin writing F
5. Develop a good blog consistency
6. Be more active in comments/social networking
|Andrew Patterson||@DyadicEchoes||1) Finish first draft of WIP#1
2) Choose which story I want to work on next
3) Do Character sketches and basic world building for chosen story
4) Blog once a week
5) Cheer everybody on!
|Angela Brown||@neostateofmind||Name: Angela L Brown
Goals for July 2012:
1: Complete first round revision of MINGLED.
2: Begin revisions of NEVERLOVE by mid-July.
3: Post 3 blogs a week.
4: Comment to other blogs, at least 20 a week
5: Plot out basic/skeletal data for MG story idea.
|Leigh Caroline||@Leigh_Caroline||1. Keep up on edits.
2. Write at least 20k of fiction (On any/all projects combined if need be).
3. Fix plot of SW.
4. Figure out full plot of Printed.
5. Find a dayjob, preferably one that isn’t soul crushing but still pays well.
|Bonnie Rae||@BRLouwerens||1. Finish the outline for “Aftermath”
2. Finish round one of edits on Nether Soul
3. Blog at least twice a week.
4. Comment on more blogs!
5. Host some word sprints for #writemotivation
|Rebekah Loper||@RebekahLoper||1. Get devotional book drafted, start polishing.
2. Work on Blood of Trees, to be ready to pitch in October.
3. Write at least 500 words a day on Undoing.
|Abigail||@abigail_kern||1. Finish the second draft of my WIP, which mostly involves assembling the scenes in exactly the order I want and finishing the ending.2. By the end of the month, have the manuscript in a state where I can begin sending it out to my beta-readers.3. Edit like crazy.|
|Candace Gauger||@OKAuthor||1) Edit/Revise the prologue and first five chapters of Black Friday.2) Finish transcribing Black Friday 2 and write at least one more chapter.3) Start fifth round of edits/revisions on Society of Night and Lies.4) Read. Doesn’t matter what book I read. Just read to relearn the styles of my favorite authors.These are repeats of June goals due to computer issues preventing me from working on them.|
|Ann Cory||@Ann_Cory||Complete 1st draft of VH2
Edit current WIP
Blog 2 – 3 times a week
|MJ Kaufmann||@safireblade||1> 30,000 words on WIP Novel After the Return (working title)
2> 12,000 words on Serial Fiction Mayfield Manor (working title)
|Rachel Russell||@RachelxRussell||1. Finish revisions on YA contemporary fantasy novel Harvester.
2. Revise again based on feedback from CPs.
3. Make a blog post once a week.
|Jamie Dement (LadyJai)||@I_am_LadyJai||1) Complete the necessary blog posts for #WriteMotivation, maybe throw in a few “others” as well.
2)Word count goal, not really…Every day is different in my life. So let’s just leave it at “make forward momentum!” Progress is always good!
3) Provide unending support, cheering, and cookie flinging, to anyone who needs it.
4) Read another book.My goals may change, I don’t know.
|Viklit||@Vixatthemovies||1) Finish line edit of my novel
2) Continue to post 2x week in new blog
3) Rough outline a new idea
|Sylvia van Bruggen||@Sylviavbruggen||1. Bring Ganesha’s blessings to final draft stage
2. Publish another e-book
3. 10.000 words on MindScreens2
4. Submit one story a week
|Z. M. Wilmot||@ZMWilmot||1. Write three Astral Tide episodes (one per week for the first three weeks).
2. Write two chapters in novel Beneath.
3. Finish editing short story collection Dark Aeons.
|Mia K Rose||@miakrose||1) Finalise and polish SMOKE.
2) Incorporate feedback from beta readings on SMOKE.
3) Send out first batch of queries for SMOKE.
|Katharina Brendel||@Kat_Brendel||Finish first draft of ‘Amalgam’|
|Cheyenne Campbell||@chylu||1. Finish new round of edits to MS #1.2. Query 5 agents for MS #1.3. Finish edits to WIP to Chapter 9.4. Write 10k in WIP.5. Balance job hunting with writing, CP/Beta work, and blogging. Be realistic!|
|Avery Marsh||@Avery_Marsh||1. Finish BOP rewrite.
2. Send it off to CPs/Betas.
3. Read/finish at least 5 (grown up) science fiction books.
4. Blog at least once a week.
5. Comment on at least fifteen blogs a week.
|Becca||@callmebecks||1. Finish plotting and start drafting Code Title: BIG BEN
2. Finish all remaining crits
3. Brainstorm potential alternate beginnings and/or other revisions to PD
|Elizabeth||@misswisabus||1. Write 5000 words on WIP (verse novel)
2. Complete at least one writing exercise each week
3. Write something every day
|Tam Linsey||@tamlinsey||1. Finish edits on Botanicaust and send it for proofreading
2. Complete GF cookbook and format for self-publishing.
3. Publish GF cookbook on Amazon.
4. Finalize cover for Botanicaust
5. Finalize book trailer for Botanicaust
6. Create Amazon Author Page
|Valerie Lawson||@litbeing||1. Write full rough draft of new WIP.
2. Continue to submit current YA project out to agents.
3. Keep up with my blog posts, commenting on blogs, etc., but also keep a limit on this time so that my writing comes first.
4. Exercise three times a week.
|Sonya Johns||@SonyaJohns||1.Blog more consistently (hopefully my updates will help..lol)
2.Reach my min. word count goals daily. I normally shoot for at least 1000 words a day,hopefully I end up with more.
3.Get my scheduling problems ironed out. I always seem to forget something when I schedule.
4.Stop procrastinating & putting things off to the point I either don’t get it done or am in a rush to get it done. 5. Short story complete or near completion
|Jocelyn Rish||@JocelynRish||1. Make significant progress on my WIP – edit, rewrite, or add three pages a day.|
|Misa Buckley||@MisaBuckley||1) First draft on Turning Tricks (approx 20K)
2) Edit and turn into my publisher
|Michelle||@MichellePierce||1) Finish Buzz articles by July 13.
2) Read 1 book a week.
3) Update blog twice a week.
|Michael Haynes||@mohio73||1) Keep all my writing routines
2) Write at least one new story.
3) Submit at least four stories for the first time.
4) Write 7,500 words of new fiction.
5) On 7/31, have two non-time-sensitive blog posts written and ready for future use on a day when I’m not able to post something “new.”
6) Launch at least one new eBook.
|Rachael Harrie||@RachaelHarrie||(1) Finish writing first draft of DARK by mid-July (only 15,000 more words to go!). If I get cracking, I’ll have time to let it sit before…
(2) Revision first-pass-through of DARK to fix obvious plot-holes, structure issues, characterization, etc
(3) Send to CPs by end-July, woot!!!
(4) Draft query letter and polish
If you have any questions – just ask them below and I’ll get to them asap!
Here’s to a fantastic #writemotivation July 2012! This is going to be a FANTASTIC month!That’s all of us!