June 1st – my 6th anniversary and the start of another #writemotivation goal check month for 2013. I guess we’re starting them monthly as of now, huh?
I’m pretty sure I’ve managed to transfer all the information correctly– everyone’s name should link to their website, and their twitter handle to their twitter handle. This month, we have 21 participants! It’s great to have everyone on board. Get ready to cheer each other on! Dino has his cookies at the ready. And bionic dino arms. Don’t ask.
This was the initial sign up page if you’d like to nab the badge! Please remember to give credit for the image. Also – no more sign ups for this month.
If there are any suggestions anyone has for making #writemotivation work better for them/us/writing, just let me know and I’ll try to incorporate them. I love putting my goals out there and holding myself accountable to myself 😀 I hope it works for others too.
Please note: even if you aren’t signed up for #writemotivation on the list, feel free to take part in the hashtag and cheer and be cheered. Beware of flaming zombie dinosaur cheerleader flying cookies I’m sure we had something new come up this past month, didn’t we?
For a refresher –
- Make a list of realistic goals for the month – and achieve them.
- Make a Blog Post every week (preferably Monday, but if you don’t post on Mondays just add it to the next day you would normally post ). This is to help us keep tabs on our own progress, and for others to cheer us on if it’s a difficult week. Please link to the post in the #writemotivation hashtag
- Visit your #writemotivation team mates blogs, and participate in the #writemotivation hashtag to cheer people on
|K.T. Hanna||@kthanna||1. Finish drafting Fod
2. Crit Q
3. Send Feedback on Q
4. Finish OWM June Prompt
5. Make 3rd draft edit notes on AI1
6. Keep up Social Media stuffs
7. Cheer on my fellow #writemotivation peeps
8. Keep up with blogs
9. Loves mah little girl
|Cheyenne Campbell||@chylu||1) Complete Revision #2 (paper revision) of WIP
2) Find 2 CPs/betas willing to read as soon as this revision is done!
3) Rewrite synopsis
|CJ Jessop||@JessopCJ||1. Finish the final draft of the plot arc rewrite for Web
2. Prepare submission package.
3. Write a story for the third quarter of Writers of the Future competition.
|Patricia Lynne||@patricialynne07||Read at least two books from the TBR pile.
Keep up with the 100 word Friday Quick Fic.
Edit the rest of Path of Angels short stories.
Stop being so shy and ask people for help. (That can be a goal right?)
|Candace Gauger||@OKAuthor||1) Set SoNL aside until feedback from critiques and betas are in on the first half of the novel2) Focus on Black Friday 2. Get at least two chapters written.3) Keep up the job search. Four interviews minimum for the month of June
4) Exercise twice a week. (I mean it this time!)
|Andrew Patterson||@M_A_Patterson||1) Try not to kill my muse
2) Write up character stuff and whatnot for “Snap Shot”, aka the Uber Plot Bunny
3) Blog once a week
4) Cheer on my buddies
5) Try not to obsess about HJ being at Mentor Agents.
|Rachel Russell||@RachelxRussell||1. Complete 15k on new YA high fantasy WIP.
2. Complete 15k on new YA horror WIP.
3. Read one craft book on writing a week.
4. Blog twice a week.
|Leigh Caroline||@Leigh_Caroline||1. The usual reading/walking to work. Pausing crits other than internship and the ones already in my to do list to work on my own stuff.
2. Work on SW’s heavy lifting.
3. Get back to working on Top Hat.
4. OWM stories.
|Lissa Clouser||@LissaClouser||1) Spend 30 hours working on poetry2) Finish read-through for TSB (a friend’s manuscript)3) Get at least halfway through Cloudy (another friend’s manuscript)
4) Send my work out on submission at least twice
|Jamie Dement (LadyJai)||@I_am_LadyJai||1) Be Positive, Try to find the positive in every situation, no matter how small.2) Cheer others on with #writemotivation cookie flinging and positive thoughts!3) attempt to FINISH THAT WIP! Or at least write SOMETHING!
4) find something to blog about other than these Update posts.
5) read another book
|Rebecca Enzor||@RebeccaEnzor||1. Type up all Apollo edits.
2. Finish Ryan’s critique.
3. Write Apollo query/synopsis.
4. Tyffani’s critique.
|Rebekah Loper||@RebekahLoper||1. Get halfway through (new) Catalyst re-write. (darn plot bunnies!)
2. Work on character charts for Undoing bk 2.
3. Read five books (not counting manga).
4. Get five posts pre-written for this blog.
5. Get three posts pre-written for the new blog project. (Announcement coming soon!)6. Finish crit on TSB for Michelle
|Amy Ravenel||@AmyRav||Okay, let’s do this.1) Complete at least four chapters of the WS revision.2) Work on it every day.
3) Start researching trolls for my YA.
|Valerie Lawson||@litbeing||1. Submit Museum Crashers (MG mystery) to editor.
2. Submit Institutionalized (YA contemporary) to five more literary agents.
3. Work on first draft of Pretty Vacant (YA contemporary).
4. Read at least five books – review one on the blog.
5. Work on outlining new blog project idea.
6. Exercise 3 times each week.
|Lisette Walker||@squidkiller||Increase my social networking. Specifically:
1. Post to my blog 2x a week.
2. Interact with other people:
2a – Follow all the other participant’s blogs.
2b – Comment on at least 5 blogs per week.Writing:
3. Finish Draft 1 of Heartwood by the end of June, with the goal of having an editable (by beta readers, at least) draft by the end of August. I would guess I have at least 40K to go: I’m not worried about this draft having “flow” so much as just getting the elements into place. So that’s 10K a week, more or less.
|Michelle||@MichellePierce||1) Write 30k on the urban fantasy story.
2) Read at least 4 books.
3) Revise first 3 chapters of TSB.
4) Post 2-3 times/week on the blog.
|Serena Saint-Marceaux||@SerenaMarceaux||1) Complete crit-read on TSB for Michelle2) Finish two research projects for fellow RRFS members3) Write one original short story (outside of flashfiction)
4) Write two new informational posts for the Font of Randomness
5) Write two new posts for second blog project
|Heather Jacobs||@stateofego||– Start working on Book 2 of my book 2 series
– Edit and fix query w/advice from Query Kombat
– Continue Querying
– Try starting a new story
– Write everyday however little
– Make tough decision about Book 1
|Laura Weymouth||@LatheWeymouth||1. Write 500 words a day on a long fiction project, Monday through Friday.
2. Add two installments to the Culinary History Series on my blog.
3. Bring my laptop to Gettysburg while I’m there at the end of the month and start pre-writing posts on my first reenacting experience.
4. Edit a short story, start shopping it around in addition the ones already in circulation.
|MAJK||@SafireBlade||1. Blog on Mondays for WriteMotivation
2. Write 750 NEW words each day on WIP ATR
3. Write 2000 Words a Week on WIP Dollz
4. Edit 750 words a day on WIP ATR
5. Write 750 New words a day on serial
6. 1 anime Review weekly for Geek Eccentric
7. 1 Book review every 2 weeks
|Jody Neil Ruth||@jodyneilruth|| 1/ Write 30,000 words of the WIP
2/ Get a short story finished or well underway
If you have any questions just let me know in the comments below and I’ll do my best to get them answered.
Also – if you haven’t yet joined our G+ group. Dooo eeeet.
Otherwise! Have a fantastic June. This month is going to be fantastic!
Let’s all kick goal butt! 😀