Of #Writemotivation, Goals and 2013
So, it’s that time of year again.
You know the one. Where we all make a heap of goals for ourselves that are hopefully achievable and jot them down. Okay, some of us might not make them completely achievable, but striving for them is part of the fun.
2012 turned out a bit unexpected for me life wise, but damn good for me writing wise. I wouldn’t change the year for the world. I think 2012 was indeed one of the best years of my life.
I’m planning on making 2013 a damn good one too.
I’ve divided my goals into 3 categories. Writing, Life and Internet – because let’s face it, I do best with lists and categories.
Writing Goals (order subject to change due to PlotBunny Migration (PBM))
- Finish drafting AI 3 (20-25k)
- Edit AI 1 in full
- Send AI 1 to Agent of Awesome
- Outline Fod
- Plot Fod
- Draft Fod
- Beta SW, PD, TH, BB and anything else my CPs have for me
- Finish GG Plot/Outline
- Draft GG
- Outline Ana
- Plot Ana
- Draft Ana (or another WIP depending on PBM)
- Edit Fod in full (or another WIP depending on PBM)
- Send drafted WIP to Agent of Awesome
- Get my Personal Blog organized and relaunched
- Attend 2 Writing Conferences
- Work out a routine with Kami
- Work out a schedule for Kami, Work, Writing (yes, I work from home)
- Keep up with my friends
- Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle (food and exercise wise)
- Ready the House for Sale
- Move if the House Sells
- Stick to our budget
- Read more books
Internet Related Goals
- Launch the new and improved #Writemotivation initiative
- Organize and maintain my Google Reader
- Be more consistent about following Blogs
- Keep up with #Writemotivation
- Keep up with my internet friends and Writer community
- Create my FB Author Page
- Maintain a blog schedule
So there we have it. My goals for 2013. Perhaps a bit lofty considering I have a bundle of joy to slot into my life, but she will have nap times. We’re hopefully moving in the first half of the year, so I have to realize that for a few weeks, I’m likely to get pretty much jack and shit done. But that’s all good. I can deal with that.
Working from home is both a curse and a blessing. Blessing because of the obvious – Kambria time is especially important, but also a curse because I’m my own master and have to allocate time not only for working on my writing, Kambria and the house, but also to the job that earns me cash.
Anyway – this is my list as it stands right now. I hope to begin crossing stuff off soon. Must make my timetable (Excel here I come). #Writemotivation 2013 should launch at the end of this month and there will likely be a sign up shortly before that for February.
Here’s to a fantastic 2013! Hope everyone else has a great one! Have some chocolate to kick it off